Finally, the good weather is with us. The sun is set to shine and the temperatures to soar. Summer is officially HERE! We have a range of exciting plans and events on the way.
First, however, with the government lifting the Covid restrictions from Monday 19th July and moving to Stage 4 of the roadmap, we will be making some changes. Given the governmental fudge that’s going on, we have consulted with staff and are taking the steps we think are appropriate whilst asking you to exercise your own best judgement.
* The current table service restrictions in the bar will come to an end. You may order from the bar!
* You will no longer be required to wear a face covering in the Club House (though you are of course welcome to, should you wish to)
* We will leave the perspex screens in the bar for now.
* All other restrictions in the Club will be lifted and the one-way arrows will be removed.
* Changing rooms may be used as usual.
These other measures will be in place;
- In any crowded situations that may occur we encourage Members to wear a face covering. However from 19th July this will be voluntary.
- If you are displaying Covid symptoms it is important you do not come to the Club.
- If you have tested positive, even if asymptomatic, please do not come to the Club until your period of self-isolation has ended.
- If you have been contacted by Test and Trace and told to self-isolate please do not come to the Club.
- Whilst we are doing all we can to reduce risks as much as possible we cannot eliminate the risk of Covid-19. Members should exercise your own judgement when deciding whether or not to visit the Club.
- Please continue to follow personal hygiene rules by washing your hands frequently and using the hand sanitiser which we’ll keep supplied at the Club..
- We will continue to display FOSLTC Test and Trace QR Code at the entrances to the Club for those who wish to use it.
- Our enhanced cleaning regime will continue using anti viral disinfectants.
Of course we have no idea what may be around the corner and we will continue to follow government, LTA and other sporting association guidance. Thanks to all of you for complying with the measures and for sticking with the Club throughout this unprecedented time. Now it’s back to the business of rebuilding our Club and making sure that we offer a great local resource for you, our Members. And we hope this summer will be a season to visit, enjoy and make full use of our amazing facilities!
With that in mind, we have a few announcements to make;
Congratulations to our Member Soozi Moffat who partnered with John Hughes winners of the Mixed Doubles 50+
also congrats to the following who took part:
Clive Allenby, Colin Minter, Richard Williams, John White and Chris Everton.
Well played all!
Monday 19 to Friday 23 July 2021 – 125th Anniversary
The LTA Summer County Cup Event is possibly the oldest tennis event on the domestic calendar. Gloucestershire men were the winners back in 1895 and Surrey winning the first Ladies’ event in 1899. Middlesex Men have won the Men’s Championships a total of 37 times and Surrey Ladies the Ladies Championships a total of 51 times.
This year we have Ladies’ Group 7 with Devon, Suffolk, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire and Cumbria (normally there would be 8 counties but three (South of Scotland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands) withdrew earlier on. Although the event will be smaller than usual, we do expect to have some wonderful tennis on display and you’re welcome to come and spectate.
If you want to play on grass or hard courts, please continue to book courts. You can do this online or via the office.
Our summer camps for juniors are getting quite booked up. However please do get in touch with Pete or NEET Academy if you’re interested via the website.
And we have another Club Tournament on the way.,.. it’s a turn back the clock time as we have an American Tournament on the way. However with a twist. It’s open to ALL age groups. Get out your 80’s, 90’s and 00’s kit out (if you can still fit in it). And sign up for a fun day of tennis and competition. We have some terrible prizes lined up too!
As the summer season launches for real and schools break up for the summer holidays, we will be continuing the booking system for the pool. Please note that due to extra demand, bookings are restricted to one time slot per day. And please, if for any reason you cannot attend? Cancel your slot so someone else may book in your place. We want to be as fair as possible to all members as the pool is getting very booked up.
And please do be mindful of other Club members. Having fun is great but please do make sure that children don’t just run through the Clubhouse having just got out of the pool and if there’s something going on in the ballroom, please keep the noise down!
We are working hard to ensure that we have a tournament and a range of coaching options. We will make a full announcement in the next week or two with our plans.
The gym is still very booked up but we hope there are enough slots available for you to enjoy our amazing fitness equipment. Classes too are available and by all means have a look on the website or speak to Katy if you fancy joining in with yoga, fitness or even one-to-one personal training.
Don’t forget we have David on site for all your tennis and sporting needs! From a raquet re-string or grip change to brand new kit. He’s got the lot. And tennis balls too!
Chef and Weekend Food
Next week we have a full food offer from Monday to Friday (12 – 6pm) from the Poolside Kitchen. Friday it’s a shortened lunch offer from 12 – 4pm.
Talking of our food, we have a revised menu for the summer (available to view online) including our special “TC” Burger, range of salads and sandwiches. This weekend if you fancy a bite to eat, we have some tasty sandwiches, sausage rolls and spiced cheese & onion turnovers all available at the bar. DELICIOUS! Please bear with us whilst we sort out a longer term weekend plan.
If you know of anyone who’d like to join our catering team over the summer and is free at the weekends… do get in touch with the office! And from the middle of August we’ll be looking for someone to help us develop our Member and external events.
The Club has never looked as good. We have wonderful weather on the way so continue to spread the word to potential members… and why not visit for a game, some sporting action, a swim or a simple social? We’re here and our doors are open!
Have a wonderful week.